What's it all about?

I set this blog up in 2010 so people could follow my progress as I prepared for my second challenge in aid of the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK; a three day biathlon which saw me run the Great North Run and the next day by a two day cycle to London from Newcastle.

I've made it my life's work to raise awareness of bowel cancer, the disease which robbed us of the greatest footballer to grace a football pitch and a disease I was tested for when I was 22 following a health scare.


This blog follows my training for the event, my thoughts and more importantly will allow you to follow my progress on the event.


With my new challenge I am hoping to raise £10,000 for the charity



Saturday 18 September 2010

A Huge Thank You To....

Well, this time tomorrow I would have finished part one of the biathlon.  It's been an interesting week...a trying week shall we say.  Anyway, I thought I'd take this opportunity to say thank you to those people who have helped me over the past few months.  In no particular order:

  • Emma Pollard
  • Sara Fisher
  • Antonia Pellegrino and the folks at Be-Fit
  • Paul, Debbie and Claudine at Cancer Research UK
  • The West Ham Supporters especially the folks on KUMB.com
  • The Newcastle United Supporters who have been brilliant in their support for me and basically stuck 2 fingers up at the small minded folks who said nobody in the North East would be interested in the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK
  • Gordon Woodhead for his invaluable cycling advice
  • And everyone who has sponsored me so far and given me encouragement when I've been at my lowest points
And finally a special mention for my dad.  Those who know me well will know that he hasn't been in the best health over the past couple of years.  But the old fool has insisted on being my support driver on Monday and Tuesday and making sure I'm ok while out on the bike.  This will be his first visit back to his homeland of East London for over 20 years.  I think he's looking forward to it.  (Please be careful with my car dad!)

Anyway, there's no turning back now.  I'm scared to be honest.  It's going to hurt but I'm bloody well determined to do this and raise money in memory of such a great man.

VIVA BOBBY MOORE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment