What's it all about?

I set this blog up in 2010 so people could follow my progress as I prepared for my second challenge in aid of the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK; a three day biathlon which saw me run the Great North Run and the next day by a two day cycle to London from Newcastle.

I've made it my life's work to raise awareness of bowel cancer, the disease which robbed us of the greatest footballer to grace a football pitch and a disease I was tested for when I was 22 following a health scare.


This blog follows my training for the event, my thoughts and more importantly will allow you to follow my progress on the event.


With my new challenge I am hoping to raise £10,000 for the charity



Wednesday 11 August 2010

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

I sat at my PC this morning preparing to give an update, mindful that I've in truth been a bit slack with keeping the blog up to date. So much has happened since my last update. I began jotting a few things down and happened to glance up at the sports news.


Transfer stories, results, managerial merry-go-rounds and whether England's prima donnas will get a good reception or not against Hungary tonight are insignificant when you hear that 31 year old Adam Stansfield of Exeter City died last night after losing his battle against bowel cancer.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/exeter_city/8902976.stm


So I'm going to postpone my latest update on training and progress for 24 hours if you don't mind.


RIP Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment